As this was a short post describing my day, I will use this time to describe to you and post some pictures of my apartment. We live on the top floor of a very old Italian apartment building. We have a rickety elevator, which is very questionable. The apartment has four bedrooms and two bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and a dining room. It is a very different environment then I have ever lived in before. The kitchen is very small, we do not have a dryer, the hot water in the shower only lasts for about 25 minutes, and it takes about an hour to refill, the heaters are ancient and attached to the wall, and we have a TV, but I think it was made in the 1990's, and the shower is about three sizes to small. Although it is very different I am slowly getting used to it.




As you can see it is very old, and very different. We also do not have a microwave. I as leave you with my life on day 5, I will tell you a simple story about the music in Rome. I very rarely hear any Italian music. Every shop and every restaurant I go in a playing some sort of American music. I have heard the Jackson 5 multiple times, Destiny's Child, and Will Smith, along with many of the top 40 hits that are playing at home right now. Needless to say it is shocking to hear some of the music that they are playing, and I am shocked to hear that it is American.
No comments:
Post a Comment