Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (February 15th, February 16th, and February 17th)

It is hard to believe that I am getting so far behind with my blog, but I have been very, very busy, and I have been out of town the past two weekends, so it has been difficult for me to be able to catch up on what has been going on in my life in Roma!


Tuesday, February 15th, 2011


So here we go.......

As usually, my day starts with Italian, followed by a quick trip to the cafe down the street for some coffee. (I am enjoying being able to get into a routine, it makes the weeks pass by very quickly)

After Italian, we had the best food and wine class that we have had all semester! We had goulash with kraut. And then another delicious meal made from bread and chicken broth, both of which were amazing. Again I repeat that this is my favorite class because I am learning so much about good food along with being able to taste and learn about the different kinds of wine.

As the days normally go, I was able to take a nice midday break in between my two classes. This break of course involved a nice lunch, and also a nice shower. We have to space our showers because of our hot water heater. I have come to view a shower as more of a luxury than as a necessity.

To end my day of classes, I had my class on the European Union, which is a very difficult class, but I am learning so much!

To end my day, I went back to my apartment to work on homework, where one of my roommates made us all dinner (which I partially attribute to my upcoming birthday). The meal contained pork and shrimp and was a great way to begin my birthday celebration!

Wednesday, February 16th, 2011 (The BEST day ever)


Obviously, today is the day that I was born, so no matter what happened, I knew it was going to be a good day. I started my birthday with Italian, and then Somer bought me my coffee, along with a sandwich and an orange. After Italian, we went back to CEA for our class on the Papacy, which is becoming more and more interesting, and also more and more confusing as the weeks go on. Their is just so much information!

During my break between my classes, I ate a small lunch, and then finished up some homework and got together all my documents for my upcoming trip to London!

My last class of the day involved a walking tour that ended in getting gelato at Old Bridge (which is one of the more famous, and one the better gelato shops in Rome) I had ricotta and caramel! After gelato (since it was my birthday, I also got a crepe (nutella and mascarpone aka cream cheese). After getting a crepe, one of my roommates and I went shopping down in the city center. (although I didnt buy anything it was a fun trip to the city center.

When we got back to our apartment we all got ready to go out to dinner for my birthday. All of my roommates and all the girls from the apartment close to us were going to go out for a late dinner followed by some gelato. We attempted to find a Chinese restaurant near the Pantheon, but after having no luck at finding it, we just went back to my old favorite, Rossopomodoro! I had a fantastic meal coupled with some fantastic wine to celebrate me being 21 years old. After dinner, we went to get gelato which was a great way to end the night. I also got some great gifts on my birthday (a cake and some candy from my friends, and then some cards from my family, which all arrived on my birthday).

Thursday, February 17, 2011


I knew this was going to be a long day from the start.

After my Italian class (which took a trip to a local market) I went and grabbed my stuff and headed off to London. To get to London, I had to take a one hour bus ride to the airport, and then take a flight to London followed by a one hour bus ride into the city, and then I had to take the metro and walk to my hotel. Luckily, everything went fine. It was nerve racking traveling by myself though. After I got to my hotel, some of my plans with my friends in London fell through, so I just waited for Katie and Casi to get to London (the reason we were going to London is so that I could meet up with some of my good friends from UT). As I waited for Katie and Casi, I got my first reintroduction to American culture by having some Chinese food and a Dr. Pepper!

This was a great way to start my birthday weekend and in my next post I will tell you all about my amazing trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment