Monday, March 14, 2011

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (February 26th, February 27th, February 28th, and March 1st)



Saturday, February 26th, 2011

So I'll go ahead and say that I am obviously very far behind. I have had some very busy past couple of weeks with school culminating to my current week which is the week of my midterms and the week before my spring break.

But more about my trip to Florence!

We woke up early and headed out to see the Duomo, which is one of the biggest churches in Italy and also in the world. After visiting this amazing church and hiking to the top of the dome to see the amazing views of Tuscany, we headed out to the market of San Lorenzo in town to see and buy some different souvenirs and locally produced Italian items.

We proceeded to have have lunch at one of the local Florentine restaurants. Here I had the locally famous Florentine steak. This was a great change from pasta. After lunch we went out to explore the city more and we also met my friend Jasmine, who happened to be in Florence. Florence is a small city and is a picturesque Italian town and it was very fun to explore and see the sites.



When we were done exploring, we went and had dinner at a Mexican restaurant. (which is surprisingly good in Italy and has been one of my major cravings while I have been away). When were done with dinner we walked around Florence and then went back to our hostel.

Sunday, February 27th, 2011 


On Sunday, we decided spur of the moment to get up early and go to Pisa. The train from Pisa to Florence was only five dollars and return trip to Rome was the same price as the ticket to Florence.

We took the hour train ride to Florence, and wandered to the center of the city until we found the Leaning Tower, which was smaller than I expected, but it was still pretty cool.



Other than the tower, there really is not much to do in Florence, so we took some pictures, walked around, ate lunch, and then went back to the train station and took the train back to Rome. The best part about this train ride, was that it went down the coast of Italy and provided some amazing views! It also provided some very nice time to relax.

Once we got back to Rome, it was early evening, and after a quick dinner at my apartment, I went to bed because I wanted to be well rested for the week of school ahead.

Monday, February 28th, 2011


I was very excited about today, because I got to see my friend Jody who was in Rome visiting from France, so after I went to my Italian class, had my daily coffee, and then went to a site visit at one of the churches in Rome, I went to meet Jody. We toured around some of the major sites, I had my favorite pumpkin pizza, and then we had the best gelato in Rome! (I had Oreo, white chocolate, and Mandarin orange).

After our excursion, I went back to my apartment to work on some homework. As I am getting in to a routine, my days weekdays often involve me doing something fun in Rome and then doing some school work (which I guess is what I am here for......)

Tuesday, March 1st, 2011


Of course, my day starts with class. I had my Italian class, my food and wine class, and then after a two hour break, I had my class on the European Union. After class was over for the day, I went back to my apartment to shower and then meet Jody and Jasmine for a nice Mexican dinner in Rome (the food was great and not too expensive).

This was an easy day except for the fact that I had to finish up a paper, which I finished up after I had my Mexican dinner.

Before I go on my spring break, I am going to try very hard to get caught up with my blog, so we will see how it goes.....



No comments:

Post a Comment