Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011
When I left for the airport from my hotel in London, it was just after midnight. I took a cab to get to the bus that I was taking to the airport. The bus was an hour long, so I got to the airport around 1:30 AM. I had six hours until my plane was going to being taking off. Luckily, the airport still had many things open, and there were a lot people just laying around the airport. To pass the time, I bought the book the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, got a snack and some Dr. Pepper, and then proceeded to a cafe, where I lounged and read for a good 4 hours. As the early morning hours wore on, I proceeded to go and catch my plane.
As I was going through security, I realized I had never been stopped and searched by security and no sooner had I thought this, they pulled my bag aside to be searched (and searched very thoroughly). The only good thing about this was the fact that it just reduced the amount of time I would be waiting for my plane. After waiting in some long lines, I eventually made it on to my plane and napped and read on and off on the way back to Rome. When I got back to Rome it was nine in the morning. I had officially been up for 24 hours, and I still had to catch a bus back to central Rome and to try to go to my two classes.
The only reason I decided to go to class instead of going to sleep was the fact that the class I wanted to go to was my food and wine class (I narrowly made it to class). Class was good, but I was very tired and after I finished my classes, I lounged around and went to bed early because I was exhausted.
Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011
It was very difficult to wake up for my Italian class the next day, because I was still very tired. Needless to say my Wednesday was not very jam packed with things to do. I went to class and then tried to begin to rebuild my strength.
The exciting part of the day was we had dinner paid for by our program. We had an apertivo evening which is a very popular concept in Italy. You meet with your friends and have light snack and wine after work and then go home for a small dinner. One of our program directors does this almost every night. It is a very fun Italian concept to experience and it was very fun to hang out with all my friends from CEA. After we finished we went back for gelato, and I called it another early night because I was still very tired from my trip to London.
Thursday, February 24th, 2011
Thursday was a very nice way to end my shortened school week. I only had two classes so in between my morning and afternoon class, one of my roommates and I went down to the city center to go to Zara and to also just walk around. After we (I should say he because I didnt get anything, I find that I am in need of another pair of jeans because of the difficulty of washing clothes here). finished I went back for my last class. After class, I met my friend Jasmine for dinner because all of my roommates were out of town (some went to London and some went to Amsterdam, but I couldnt go because I had a class excursion Friday) Jasmine and I had a great dinner, after which I went back to my apartment and watched a movie until I decided to go to bed. I had to be up early for my class excursion and I was also going to Florence with some friends after my class excursion.
Friday, February 25th, 2011
I had to wake up early on Friday to go on a class excursion (and by class excursion, I mean we went around the city center of Rome and talked about major buildings that relate to the EU). The excursion was fun and was very interesting, but I was ready to get my weekend going, because me and two of my friends were going to Florence.
After we were done, I went back to get my stuff, and then went to the train station with one of my friends. We proceeded to buy our tickets for the train and hang out in the station until our other friend arrived. While I was there, I had a Happy Meal from McDonalds (I even got a toy) and then I also got the book the Count of Monte Cristo. We had a four hour train ride to Florence, so it was the perfect time to read. The train ride, was very fun, but the changed the platform at the last minute so my friend Madison and I had to sprint to make our train. Luckily our friend Matt had already found it so he was able to tell us where to run to.
After our four hour train ride (which was very relaxing, we made it to Florence. Florence is a very small town, but is very safe and very clean so it was nice change from how Naples was. We went to our hostel and then went to find a place to eat dinner. We decided to eat dinner at a cafe on the river. I had a lobster pasta followed by my first real Italian piece of cheesecake! The meal was very filling and even though I had already had dessert, on the way back to our hostel we got gelato which was a great way to top off the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment